your fave is problematic: napoleon bonaparte
- terrible fashion taste
- height has been misconstrued by history
- bad hat
au where the roles and expectations of dwarves and elves are reversed
every hannigram fic ever: an adventure in smut meets hannibal screencaps
"GENTLEMEN, WE ARE AT WAR WITH THE GREEKS AND MUST NOT DROP OUR GUARD AT ALL"
"sir, the enemy gave us a giant wooden horse"
"oh rad bring it in"
modern day shakespeare adaptions that should exist
- southern gothic macbeth. the bloody, brutal themes of the play in the suffocating atmosphere of the genre. the imagery of lady macbeth’s hands dripping with blood! the witches! macbeth’s madness when he believes the swamp has actually come to life to kill him! it’s like it was made for this play
- political othello. make him secretary of defense or state. imagine a house of cards like environment. addresses issues of current racism and misogyny in politics, and Iago’s jealous/obsessive love for Othello with very clear homo-erotic undertones. like extremely explicit and how that translates in such a masculine setting to understand Iago’s intent.
- police hamlet. hamlet senior as the deputy in nyc. his mysterious death draws his son home from stanford/harvard/what-have-you. a modern day noir-like detective mystery. emphasis on ophelia’s depression and subsequent decent into madness by popping too many pills. the way the “respectful” upper-class tear themselves apart splashed all across the media.
- the tempest as lost.
- titus andronicus as a proper horror movie, set in the current war in the middle east.
- college midsummer nights dream. the fairyland is a popular night club. lots of dubstep music and drugs slipped in dark corners of the dance floor.
The Photos Disney Characters Would Take If They Had Instagram Accounts by Simona Bonafini.
i love this tbh
marius pontmercy accidentally saving the world and getting interviewed and the interviewer being like ”mr. pontmercy as i understand it you were the one who found and disabled the nuclear reactor underneath the city. how did you find it and manage to turn it off in time???” and marius is just like ”i… i don’t know, i just… i just thought someone had left their lights on and was wasting electricity so i shut it down for them i don’t—” ”and mr. pontmercy, just what were you doing in the sewers that day?” ”…i was looking for my wallet can i go now”